Masterbuilt Gravity 560 leaking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zznalg

Original poster
Nov 20, 2021
Hi All. First post. Just setting up the MB 560 today. Did the initial burn off. Then sprayed the interior with canola. Did the second burn and the unit leaked out the rear end (the end by the hopper). It leaked in the front and back. I definitely sprayed too much oil into the interior. The unit also wasn't quite level. The right side (with the hopper) was about .5"-1" inch lower. I raised that side by about .25 inches.

Could the level issue be enough to cause the leakage? Or was perhaps the unit assembled incorrectly? Thanks much!

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
Congrats on the MBGF 560 and get ready for some great food !
What was it leaking ? Grease ?
Is so it could definitely be from being unlevel .

• Haha
Congrats on the MBGF 560 and get ready for some great food !
What was it leaking ? Grease ?
Is so it could definitely be from being unlevel .
Thanks! Smoking a duck today for the 560's maiden voyage. Yes, it was grease that leaked out. It was the excess canola oil that I had applied to the interior.

Hi All. First post. Just setting up the MB 560 today. Did the initial burn off. Then sprayed the interior with canola. Did the second burn and the unit leaked out the rear end (the end by the hopper). It leaked in the front and back. I definitely sprayed too much oil into the interior. The unit also wasn't quite level. The right side (with the hopper) was about .5"-1" inch lower. I raised that side by about .25 inches.

Could the level issue be enough to cause the leakage? Or was perhaps the unit assembled incorrectly? Thanks much!
Please post your overall thoughts on thi sunit once you get a couple of smokes under your belt. I looked at one this weekend at HD and might have some concerns.
john

• Sad
Please post your overall thoughts on thi sunit once you get a couple of smokes under your belt. I looked at one this weekend at HD and might have some concerns.
john

Sigh not much i can say won't get me in trouble. Units are fkin fine I had mine 3 years. If your crying already get something else. Plenty of other gravity feeds out there char grillier and others but the others are way more exp. What you expect for 400 dollars

For the op yeah even level these things can leak some lol. Some guys use mats others have used sealer after finding which end leaks. Remember these are low end units they aren't perfect.

john
Hey fx I've had mine for over a yr and it's had a lot of use. Lot's of low/slow to high heat searing.The only problems that I have had have been with the switches....that are prone to issues on the MB and Chargriller due to their design.
These can be easily bypassed or I just use contact cleaner between cooks and that has solved my problems. Hope that helps.

Keith

Reactions: fxsales1959
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky