Masterbuilt Gravity 560 Fan Not Working! Please Help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bnebel15

Original poster
Apr 6, 2022
Hi there community i have a major issue. Ive read over many other threads and cant seem to find anybody with my issue. I got the unit home and was going to season it, i loaded it up and got the fire going. set the temp and the fan never came on and never had any "open" codes or any error codes. When you open the main lid the "open" code does come on the screen however when you open the hopper or asg bin it doesnt beep or say open. So even with no "open" codes displaying i cant get the fan to turn on. I even took the cage off the hopper, disconnected the switch and twisted it together to bypass the switch and still no fan. I had to rent a truck and pay a day laborer for help getting this home, i cant afford to pay someone and rent another truck just to exchange this again. Anybody have any other suggestions or hacks i can try. Thank you

Have you called Masterbuilt? You've prob read this thread, not sure if it will help but there are several with the 560 so help should be on the way soon. Welcome.

Try moving the connector points around, you may have the fan motor wires connected to one of the door switch sensors and vice/versa.

MB 560 would start up just fine and in the middle of a cook the fan would turn off. MB sent me a new controller and temperature probe. Same problem. Switches and fan last electrical items, fan working fine. Read lots of threads about bypassing the switches. Didn't want to do that or take apart. Bought a dielectric spray cleaner and sprayed the crap out of them. They have a slot at the bottom so the spray runs out. Problem solved!! MB has been working great since. So at least one of the 3 Switches was dirty.

Reactions: 912smoker
Glad you solved it and got her running !
In my experience, the switches are the main problem but the issue can be helped with the use of the cleaner between cooks. My hood switch is the only one I've had trouble with.

Keith

Hi there community i have a major issue. Ive read over many other threads and cant seem to find anybody with my issue. I got the unit home and was going to season it, i loaded it up and got the fire going. set the temp and the fan never came on and never had any "open" codes or any error codes. When you open the main lid the "open" code does come on the screen however when you open the hopper or asg bin it doesnt beep or say open. So even with no "open" codes displaying i cant get the fan to turn on. I even took the cage off the hopper, disconnected the switch and twisted it together to bypass the switch and still no fan. I had to rent a truck and pay a day laborer for help getting this home, i cant afford to pay someone and rent another truck just to exchange this again. Anybody have any other suggestions or hacks i can try. Thank you
When the hopper or ash doors open, there is no feedback on the controller to indicate they're open, you will only get notified when the lid is open. Also, make sure and set a significantly higher temp then the 225 it starts at to see if the fan will start. Lastly, if I read your post right, you've bypassed the hopper switch but not the ash door. If that's correct, bypass it ash one as well.

Glad you solved it and got her running !
In my experience, the switches are the main problem but the issue can be helped with the use of the cleaner between cooks. My hood switch is the only one I've had trouble with.

Keith
After we got it going we could tell the fan was ever so slightly cutting out. Noticed the ash switch mounts slightly back as compared to the other switches and was not fully compressing. Added a nub of wadded cardboard between the plunger and door. Another problem solved.

Reactions: 912smoker
I know this is an old thread but is there a way to contact Masterbuilt other than the email form?
I'm a week waiting for support to get back to me.
My unit won't power up and is still under warranty.

I rally like this unit but not if it's unusable.

Thank you

I know this is an old thread but is there a way to contact Masterbuilt other than the email form?
I'm a week waiting for support to get back to me.
My unit won't power up and is still under warranty.

I rally like this unit but not if it's unusable.

Thank you
I never had a problem on the MB website under the warranty or support section.
I don't do FB but some say that has a good response. Keep us posted and good luck .

I'm sure you've already tried the connection and other electrical outlets.

Keith

I never had a problem on the MB website under the warranty or support section.
I don't do FB but some say that has a good response. Keep us posted and good luck .

I'm sure you've already tried the connection and other electrical outlets.

Keith
Thanks, Keith.
Checked outlets and cord and tried unplugging multiple times.
It was giving me a little trouble for a little while before it just quit.

I ended up ordering and paying for one even though it's under warranty

Still haven't gotten a response from support or had my paid order for a new controller shipped.
Original support ticket on 7/2.
Found a phone number online but it's just a message.
They claim a live chat option but I can't find it.
On Facebook, someone forwarded my support request but that doesn't seem to have helped.

I bought through Home Depot and I think they accept returns up to a year on their credit card.
Think I'll return it.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

I apologize for ranting and crying all over this forum.
I got a new controller today that I paid for (Took 12 days)
Unfortunately, that didn't help and won't turn on.
They have a support PDF that tells me what to check but not how.
At least in a simple enough way I understand.
Surprisingly, YouTube has very little to do with troubleshooting these smokers.
If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks for listening.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky