Masterbuilt customer service rocks again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chasdev

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 18, 2020
Last time the door sensor quit working so they sent me a new fan motor (not sure why) and new door switches.
Total down time two weeks.
I got the email with news of a software update so I downloaded it, however after downloading the updated software the unit would not power up.
I sent them an email and 7 days later I have a new power transformer which for some reason fixed the issue.

So when I read about how they have bad service I have to wonder if the issues with service are on the consumer end rather than Masterbuilt.

I had a door switch go bad on one warranty claim, and a power cord was routed wrong and melted on a high temp cook (unit was pre assembled) and I had no problems with either claim.

Sometimes it's the customer service that is bad, some times it's the customer is bad. If you call up all hot and yelling, I bet they are less likely to help you then if you call them calm and rational.

Reactions: 912smoker
I have had only one bad experience with customer service and many good experiences. The bad experience was I was waiting on a back-ordered part that took a few weeks - like 6. But it was an old unit and parts were hard to come by.

I use their email system and get a return email in less than 24 hours every time.
It takes another day for their team to work on my case and then I get another email saying my case has been resolved and parts have been ordered.
Shipping is not the fastest but it is free so who am I to bitch, last time I fed exed, upsed or mailed a package (which was less than three months ago) it cost me a fortune to ship a small box from Texas to the midwest.

I sold an old MES to a friend of mine & it was about 3 years old when I sold it. He used it for another 2 years & the heating element went out. He called MB customer service & they said that that particular heating element can’t be replaced, but if he could send them the original receipt they would send him a brand new smoker. Being OCD, I had the original receipt & he sent it to them & in about 1 week he had a brand new smoker. Now that’s excellent CS in my opinion!
Al

Now that IS OCD, but it sure worked out that time!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky