Masterbuilt 1050 Second Day (sad)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pebcakpro

Original poster
Jul 30, 2021
Decided to do some hotdogs on the second day. I put them on 225 and got a nice color on them. I turn the temp up to 350 to crunch up some buns and get some lines on the dogs. 10 seconds in and the fan stopped working. I really don't want to return it. So, I reached out to Masterbuilt and got these tips. I'm going to work it through and see how it goes. I hope this helps others if they run into the same problem. I'll let ya know what I find out.

Thank you for contacting Mastebuilt customer support. To better assist, please follow these troubleshooting instructions. The instructions are below:

1) Please disconnect the fan from the wiring harness, plug the fan into the controller, and then turn on the controller and set the temperature. (If the controller shuts off/resets the fan isn't good)

2) Unplug the fan and plug the wiring harness into the controller and then set the temperature. (if the controller resets/turns off wiring is bad)

3) Unplug the wiring kit and the fan, turn on the controller, and set the temperature. (if the controller resets again then the controller)

Found the wires were rubbing the smoke stack. I used a twist tie to pull them away. That’s the only thing I could figure was causing the issue. The loin came out great. So I’m guessing it’s fixed? Hopefully.

Attachments

• 3290AAA9-D3BE-4D42-9087-2D93F308E3BD.jpeg
    3290AAA9-D3BE-4D42-9087-2D93F308E3BD.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 33
  • D177B886-5E86-4B9B-A81F-EF7F656245B7.jpeg
    D177B886-5E86-4B9B-A81F-EF7F656245B7.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 32
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky