Master built Thermo temp vs Smoke Vault 24 in. Propane Gas Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

husker bubba

Original poster
Jun 6, 2015
Hi
I have had smokers in the past and am ready to start again. I have narrowed down them to 2 choices, Master built Thermo temp vs Smoke Vault 24 in. Propane Gas Smoker

there about the same price and have sim. Reviews. I like how the Masterbuilt adjusts the heat on its own, but the build quality of the smoke vault seems better. Any thoughts?
thanks
husker bubba

I’ve had a Smoke Vault for 8 or 9 years, had to rebuild it one time & it was about $60 in parts, direct from Camp Chef. The problem is I need to rebuild it again, and they are out of stock on 2 of the 4 items I need. So hopefully they will get them in stock soon.
Al

Reactions: JC in GB
I’ve had a Smoke Vault for 8 or 9 years, had to rebuild it one time & it was about $60 in parts, direct from Camp Chef. The problem is I need to rebuild it again, and they are out of stock on 2 of the 4 items I need. So hopefully they will get them in stock soon.
Al

Good Morning
how does it work in below freezing temps?

thanks!

Well since I live in Florida, the coldest I have ever used it was about 50 degrees, so I can’t help you with that. I don’t have any problem getting it up to 350+ for chicken, so I would assume you should be able to get 225 in colder weather. And wrapping it with a welding blanket would help too.
Al

I have had the thermo temp for about a year and half. It does hold temp fairly well.
The quality is typical Masterbuilt. I wish they would make an all stainless version, but I understand their attempt to appeal to a broad market.
When mine finally rusts out I will buy another one.

I have had the thermo temp for about a year and half. It does hold temp fairly well.
The quality is typical Masterbuilt. I wish they would make an all stainless version, but I understand their attempt to appeal to a broad market.
When mine finally rusts out I will buy another one.

Thanks!

any thoughts on Pit Boss from the group? I’m finding that they all have issues, no matter what you spend
Just trying to find the most reliable one for the money

I know I'm late to the party but I have a SV in NE Ohio and have had no issues holding temps in the middle of winter. Like everything else just know what to look for. Keep the smoke, airflow, and humidity constant and you'll be fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky