1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Master built electric smoker

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by Kent Clark, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Kent Clark

Kent Clark Newbie

Hello everyone, I’m new to the group and smoking meats in general and was wondering if there was something I could to do to allow more chips to be burned so I don’t have to add chips every 30 minutes? There’s got to be a better way. Thanks much.

2. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

3. normanaj

normanaj Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

A good quality dual probe thermometer is a must have also.Thermopro and Inkbird are site sponsors and are worth looking into.

fivetricks likes this.
  4. Kent Clark

Kent Clark Newbie

Great suggestions! Thanks !

5. kevin hogan

kevin hogan Newbie

Kent...before you use pellets in the A-Maze-N tray, stick them in the microwave for several minutes to dry them each time. They burn MUCH better.

Kent Clark likes this.
  6. Kent Clark

Kent Clark Newbie

Thanks Kevin. Before installing the mailbox mod do I need to remove anything like the chip tray ?

7. kevin hogan

kevin hogan Newbie

Kent,
    I’ve not used the mailbox but soon will. I’d suggest you ask the group in general.

8. You can remove it entirely or just the upper portion. I've done it both ways with mine. Currently I have the "lower" portion of the hardware installed so that I can wrap it in foil for easier cleanup.