Marinated smoked shrimps

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
Tried smoking some shrimp skewers last night on a whim. OMG what a great success. I was worried they would cook so fast they wouldn't pick up much smoke flavor- wrong.

I used this recipe and marinated about 3 hours, then set the rec teq on 180 for about 15-20, then up to 300. took about 30 min total to cook. not 100% on the time as I was hawking them as not to make them into rubber. but holy cow were they delish!

IMG_6368.jpg

Wow Dave, those look really good sir!! Great looking shrimp, no question. Might have to give that mariade a try.

Robert

Reactions: sandyut
Nice. I love smoked shrimp. I use my Fajita Marinade...JJ

Nicely done, Those shrimps look powerful good.

Point for sure
Chris

Your shrimp look amazing. Just picked up 5# of fresh Key West pink shrimp for $50. They have the heads on, but are at least 6” long. Gonna boil down the heads for shrimp bisque & make some shrimp cocktail with the tails, then maybe grill a few too! This guy drove up from the keys, and was selling them out of the back of his truck. I have bought from him before & if you have ever had Gulf pink shrimp, you know what I’m talking about.
Al

Thanks. I have 20# of head on plate frozen shrimp (16/18 count) coming from Louisiana Direct Seafood and am looking for recipes. Looks like some gumbo and shrimp stock and now this looks great.

Those look amazing! Would gladly help ya disappear some of those...but doubt you needed any help!

Ryan

Lookin' good! Do you think the tomato paste was in the recipe to round out the basil & garlic flavors.... or was it there to add some sweetness like when some sauces call for a little ketchup?

Love how these shrimp look. And I haven't had grilled shrimp in a couple of months now. Thanks for the recipe.

thanks guys! the marinade is tasty for sure. been looking for one a while - tried several - this is the winner. not too much - just right. and the touch of smoke....mmmmyum.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky