Making Your Own Sauces

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

silverwolf636

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 18, 2008
East Ohio, Uhrichsville, Ohio
I've just realized something about my own sauces that I've been experimenting with, if you let them sit for a couple/few days, in the fridge, they come out usually with a better taste than when you first made them. I particularly found this to be true with my wifes sauce recipe that I put up a few months ago.

From now on, if I know for sure that I will be smoking something that requires a different sauce, I will make it days ahead of time.

I just thought I'd throw this in.

--ray--

(0||||0)

Sure does, come to think of it most foods do really, like chili

Starting to get cold out, a chili section would be nice.
icon_cool.gif

if you let them sit for a few weeks they get even better.  when I make sauces I do enought to can about 12 jars of it and I don't touch them now for about 3 weeks.  I tried the first batch at different times and I found about 3 weeks is when all the flavores have blended and smoothed out.  My JD sauce is a totaly different flavor after it ages.

Steve

icon_cool.gif

I agree with you 112% there Ray. I always make a really big batch for not only that reason but for the fact when I make some sauces I usually sit there looking into the refrig and just start picking stuff out and throwing it into the bowl. Then I hit the spice rack and that always has so many goodies in there too. You do need to let all the spices and other product mingle and all get together and frolic around and make a tasty treat for us later.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky