• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Making Your Own Sauces

silverwolf636

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 18, 2008
I've just realized something about my own sauces that I've been experimenting with, if you let them sit for a couple/few days, in the fridge, they come out usually with a better taste than when you first made them. I particularly found this to be true with my wifes sauce recipe that I put up a few months ago.

From now on, if I know for sure that I will be smoking something that requires a different sauce, I will make it days ahead of time.

I just thought I'd throw this in.

--ray--

(0||||0)

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
I have found that to be true too.  I guess it lets everything settle and blend

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Kinda like smoked cheese, gotta let it mellow a bit. Good call.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Agree 100%. 

stircrazy

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 31, 2009
if you let them sit for a few weeks they get even better.  when I make sauces I do enought to can about 12 jars of it and I don't touch them now for about 3 weeks.  I tried the first batch at different times and I found about 3 weeks is when all the flavores have blended and smoothed out.  My JD sauce is a totaly different flavor after it ages.

Steve

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I agree with you 112% there Ray. I always make a really big batch for not only that reason but for the fact when I make some sauces I usually sit there looking into the refrig and just start picking stuff out and throwing it into the bowl. Then I hit the spice rack and that always has so many goodies in there too. You do need to let all the spices and other product mingle and all get together and frolic around and make a tasty treat for us later.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.