Making Room!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, we have some elk roasts left over from last year… So my better half asked if I could make something out of some of it!?! Due to we have more meat on the way from this years hunt… Well!?! Ok, jerky is always a good go to…. So, here’s what we started!

C77A406D-F0AA-4511-AAB7-BB5F557CAC14.jpeg

29E2D591-0A64-456C-AF2A-3D9CD20F28B9.jpeg

Done a few different batches, Hi Mountain Original being the base for all! So, the biggest being Original Hi Mountain seasoning, then some with some Tones BP and trying a small batch of Frag Out Mango Habanero….

6FE805F1-C0E4-4628-BBE5-A4780128D2D4.jpeg
E592A036-3065-41F0-997A-E25BFFE06041.jpeg

6B32C909-5ED9-4CF8-8693-82EB04104ECE.jpeg

4EA0E30B-279F-42E4-A888-1DEFE11E7391.jpeg

Will dry tomorrow!

I've had your elk jerky and it is amazing!! Such a deep, rich, and slightly spicy flavor. So good!! If you ever find yourself in need of income, make this stuff and sell it. You could make a fortune!!

Robert
I agree! Fortunate enough to get some of Justin’s work in the mail and it’s been a huge hit with the family and co workers!

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I guess lol. Can't imagine having enough elk meat that the making jerky with a piece sufficient to make a roast is even in the conversation. Even though it sounds delicious. Hard to even think that way.

Most of our deer roasts don't stay whole either...alot made into jerky as well!
But with that being said...my package of elk jerky showed up in the mail today...so good! Just goes to show how generous of a person Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ is. So glad to have gotten his name in Christmas exchange 2 years ago...my brother from another mother! And if things work out will get to meet him and his son in March!

Ryan

But with that being said...my package of elk jerky showed up in the mail today...so good! Just goes to show how generous of a person Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ is. So glad to have gotten his name in Christmas exchange 2 years ago...my brother from another mother! And if things work out will get to meet him and his son in March!

Ryan

Thanks bro, appreciate the kind words!

Was my pleasure to be paired up with you…

And I agree, my bro you are!!

Gonna be awesome to meet up…. 👊🏼🍻

Ryan
I was teamed with Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ this year. He sent me some elk stuff. Havent gotten into the jerky or summer sausage yet. But, I can tell ya those sticks are addictive! Like Lays, cant eat just one.

Jim

I was teamed with Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ this year. He sent me some elk stuff. Havent gotten into the jerky or summer sausage yet. But, I can tell ya those sticks are addictive! Like Lays, cant eat just one.

Jim
@WaterinHoleBrew’s Jalapeño sticks are the bomb! All the elk jerky and sausage was incredible, but those sticks were gone within an hour of opening!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky