Making a turkey for Easter.. need some tips.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey guys i just realized my bradley smoker only goes up to about 250 degrees.. is this going to be a problem for my small 12 pound bird?  I could start it in my regular gas BBQ with no smoke to get from 40 to 140 in 4 hours then finish it off in the smoker for a few hours.. i'm all confused now.. I did not realize this Bradley Smoker is not strong enough.. 
That shouldn't hurt for a 12 pound Turkey, but....but...but...

Do not stuff it.

Preheat it to your Max, before putting the bird in.

If you have a water pan, fill it halfway full with boiling water, before you put the bird in.

Don't open the door, until you get over 140˚ internal temp.

I don't have a Bradley, but that is all I can think of.

An MES at 250 would handle it easily, but I don't know how a Bradley functions, like in heating & recovery.

Bear

Last edited:
It should get through the danger zone OK at 250 degrees. I smoke mine at 225 and they get there in time. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky