Mahi Mahi Taco Tuesday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
My wife texted me from Costco yesterday and said they had more fresh Swordfish and also had fresh Mahi Mahi. I replied Mahi Mahi please.

We froze 3/4 of it since it was a large package. The rest I fired up on the pit with Coastal Oak and Hickory. The fish was rubbed with EVOO and Kinders - Garlic and Herb.

2023_mahimahi_tacos_001.jpg

I tossed a few red jalapenos on the grill as well.

2023_mahimahi_tacos_002.jpg

It's Taco Tuesday!

2023_mahimahi_tacos_003.jpg

For those of you that like the closeups.

2023_mahimahi_tacos_004.jpg

My wife texted me from Costco yesterday and said they had more fresh Swordfish and also had fresh Mahi Mahi. I replied Mahi Mahi please.

We froze 3/4 of it since it was a large package. The rest I fired up on the pit with Coastal Oak and Hickory. The fish was rubbed with EVOO and Kinders - Garlic and Herb.

View attachment 679331

I tossed a few red jalapenos on the grill as well.

View attachment 679332

It's Taco Tuesday!

View attachment 679333

For those of you that like the closeups.

View attachment 679334
That looks awesome. Great job.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Something about those takos looks fishy to me Chris :emoji_sunglasses:, but in a good way. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

• Haha
Looks great. Mahi Mahi is excellent for tacos. Where is the Baja sauce? Still nice work.
Have you ever eaten at a Baja Fresh Mexican Grill? Back in the day - before they sold out to Wendy's and went straight into the gutter (circa 2002) - they made some seriously good food. One of the owners lived in Hawaii and that guy would pack his briefcase and fly to random Baja Fresh locations, order up a mess of food, go sit at a table, take his scale out of his briefcase, and start disassembling food and measuring the contents - because he did NOT want franchisees skimping. Their burritos were fricken awesome and they made a killer fish taco with Mahi-Mahi.

Then, when the "brand" was doing great - they sold out and took the money and ran. Destroyed the best Mexican quick-service restaurant there ever was.

Just wondered where you heard of "Baja sauce?"

Absolutely beautiful!! Mahi mahi is an excellent fish and one of my favorites. Those tacos are breathtaking. Beautiful job...and now I'm hungry :emoji_wink:

Robert

Have you ever eaten at a Baja Fresh Mexican Grill? Back in the day - before they sold out to Wendy's and went straight into the gutter (circa 2002) - they made some seriously good food. One of the owners lived in Hawaii and that guy would pack his briefcase and fly to random Baja Fresh locations, order up a mess of food, go sit at a table, take his scale out of his briefcase, and start disassembling food and measuring the contents - because he did NOT want franchisees skimping. Their burritos were fricken awesome and they made a killer fish taco with Mahi-Mahi.

Then, when the "brand" was doing great - they sold out and took the money and ran. Destroyed the best Mexican quick-service restaurant there ever was.

Just wondered where you heard of "Baja sauce?"

We had one close by and used to go there all the time until they suddenly closed.

Reactions: Retired Spook
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky