Made @Steve H mom's pork dish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
I want to thank Steve H Steve H for posting his mothers beloved pork tenderloin dish. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to to make this. We had friends come over this weekend so the cook was started.

Started with the appetizer fresh guacamole for the 7 layer dip.
IMG_3710.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

Onto cutting down the pork loin, I used the jaccard needle meat tenderizer on the pork and it worked out great.
IMG_3712.jpg

spiced down with both smoked and regular paprika, pepper and some salt
IMG_3713.jpg

There was a lot of pork to sear and the weather held out better than I thought, so fired up the griddle to do a good a hard sear. Made it quick a great sear.
IMG_3714.jpg

IMG_3715.jpg

crushed up the whole San Marzano tomatoes per Steve with the other spices suggested
IMG_3716.jpg

Onions getting happy in the CI
IMG_3717.jpg

Tomatoes, onions, pork and the kraut comingling before the hot bath, had way more than I thought.

IMG_3718.jpg

Into the oven they went.

Now onto the sides, first is something I am sure Steve H Steve H is very familiar with, Syracuse salt potatoes.
Over salt the water till it cannot hold anymore salt. Boil the baby tators, drain, melt the butter (I added some smoked butter) and serve. Notice the mess the salt spray makes around the stove...lol!
IMG_3720.jpg

Next was air fried brussels sprouts with oil, salt and pepper
IMG_3721.jpg

Plate shot
IMG_3722.jpg

Everyone absolutely loved the dish. I want to thank Steve H Steve H for posting this (especially his mom for creating it) I hope I did justice to him and his mom for my recreation of it...we absolutely loved it and have at least 3 extra meals to enjoy later.

This site is just so awesome! I somehow missed this dish posted by Steve. So many good recipes get posted, it is very hard to look at them all.
I keep saying I want to make all my book marks but they keep coming!

• Haha
Reactions: indaswamp
Beautiful Cliff....just beautiful. It appears that you have done Steve's mom proud and turned out a perfect meal. This one is on my list also. Kind of amazing recently how many dishes that are being posted inspire others to make them. The recent forum content has been superb and this is a perfect example of the good folks here sharing meals that others make and live. Hats off to you and Steve H Steve H

Robert

I love that pork dish and that is on the menu for this coming week. I'm curious about those Syracuse Salt Potatoes, I've never heard of them and they look interesting, but how salty are they? These may be on the menu, as well.

For those who may have missed Steve's original post, I had it bookmarked and here's the link...

Reactions: clifish
I love that pork dish and that is on the menu for this coming week. I'm curious about those Syracuse Salt Potatoes, I've never heard of them and they look interesting, but how salty are they? These may be on the menu, as well.

For those who may have missed Steve's original post, I had it bookmarked and here's the link...

They're not super salty. There will be a salt residue on them that makes them special.

Basically fill the pot with water and add salt until no more can be dissolved, Add the "new" or baby tators and boil until soft/cooked through. Pour into a colander and you will see a slight salt residue on the outside. I put back in the pot while hot and cut up a full stick of unsalted butter (I also used a quarter stick of smoked butter) and let it melt. Toss to coat and serve hot.

Thanks for the likes everyone, this was one good dish that allowed me to spend time with friends while it was cooking. The blackstone really helped to sear off both cut up pork loins really fast.

Awesome cook! Looks like an amazing meal! You definitely did that share from Steve H Steve H justice! This one has been on my list too, so many amazing threads lately!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky