Made some cakes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Crab cakes that is.

P1150410.jpg

1 egg
1/4 cup mayo
1 tbs chopped parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried)
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 pound crab meat
2/3 cup crackers crumbs. I used Town House. Saltines will work as well.
Whisk all ingredients together except the crab and crackers.
Put crab on top then cracker crumbs. And mix gently to avoid breaking up crab meat.
Place 1/2 cup portions on a greased cookie sheet. Do not press the mixture flat.
Bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes or until edges and top or lightly browned

P1150412.jpg

Brush cakes with melted butter and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Added a rib eye and french onion roasted taters.
Great meal. Not a lot of pictures. Busy convincing wife I needed that other grill over shots. I won!

Steve those cakes look great I never tried the canned crab,yours looks like it was a nice sized pieces. Likes
Richie

Reactions: JC in GB
Steve those cakes look great I never tried the canned crab,yours looks like it was a nice sized pieces. Likes
Richie

I've use this crab meat often. It is nice and chunky. Great for stuffed mushrooms as well. Thanks for the like!

Terrific job. Domestic Canned Crab, Phillips, is all I used in the restaurants I ran. Would buy bulk by the case in the fall when prices plummet. The Asian imports are ok but nothing beats American Blue Claw...JJ

Terrific job. Domestic Canned Crab, Phillips, is all I used in the restaurants I ran. Would buy bulk by the case in the fall when prices plummet. The Asian imports are ok but nothing beats American Blue Claw...JJ

I'll get Phillips if I see it. This brand is from WA. It is a mix of blue crab claw and regular meat. The price isn't bad.

That looks like my kind of meal Steve!! I just wish I could get Tracy to eat fish and seafood. Love a good crab cake but to pair it with a rib eye, that's hard to beat!! God job and great looking meal.

Robert

That looks like my kind of meal Steve!! I just wish I could get Tracy to eat fish and seafood. Love a good crab cake but to pair it with a rib eye, that's hard to beat!! God job and great looking meal.

Robert

Thank you Robert!

Man those look good. Sounds like a fairly simple recipe to make too. I too have never tried out the canned crab but might grab some now that I see how good your stuff out. Great looking plate too. Points all around!

Man those look good. Sounds like a fairly simple recipe to make too. I too have never tried out the canned crab but might grab some now that I see how good your stuff out. Great looking plate too. Points all around!

Thank you!

I should clarify that-----
I Copied, Pasted, and Stole your Recipe.
I got a couple Crab Cake Recipes I gotta try---Yours is right up there!

Bear

Ah, just woke up from a nap. If I would have waited a few minutes to answer I would have gotten that! Thanks again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky