Macadamia wood smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnyd

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
New Zealand
has anyone ever used this for smoking, I'm doing my 1st attempt at cheese and just for double jepoardy using a wood i have not used before!

Aloha J,

I live close to  a macadamia nut orchard and the owner lets me have all the wood I want for my Smokes.  The the wood gives off a very subtle nutty  smoke and I've used it for smoking ribs, marlin, and wild pig.   I think it will do well with cheese. 

Last edited:
Cool! I guess I'll know for sure in a few hrs, only sliced a couple of chunks 1/2 " thick, 2" x 3" so I dont think it will need more than 2 hrs

OOH the flavour just goes on and on! didnt think a piece of colby could be so flavourfull!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky