Lurking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

echo

Original poster
Dec 21, 2013
Hello all. I been lurking around here for about a month looking for opinions on smokers and accessories. Figured I would go ahead and drop a line here, just I case I have to ask a question somewhere.

Name is John, from Fla and I have grilled/smoked at least a few times a month for the last 20 years. Previous equipment has been numerous small grills wood/char/gas. Originally started smoking with an offset firebox piped to various grills, including an old 1960's fridge. Over the last few years I have gotten a little more modern.

Current equipment:
Brinkmannn charcoal bullet smoker/grill (few years old)
Master forge 6 burner SS with side shearer and rotisserie (two years old)
Mes 40" 2nd gen (1month old)
Amnps (2weeks old)
Jerky cannon (2weeks old)

Smoker, amnps, and jerky cannon decisions were made due to the opinions/ reviews of this forum. And I been smoke crazy. 2 batches of about 50 poppers, 10lbs of ground jerky with various recipes, 5lbs of sliced Bottom round jerky, 9lb standing rib roast for Christmas, a few steaks finished on the grill, and currently brining a few pounds of tilapia for dinner.

I know I know, didn't happen without pics, but just wanted to give everyone an idea of how helpful lurking here has been.

Last edited:
Welcome John!  Glad you've joined the group.  Looking forward to your input here.

Have fun and happy smoking!

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky