LOSS OF MY FATHER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am extremely touched by the outpouring of affection by my fellow brethren in Smoke. Thank you very much.

I am much better today, I just need to get past Saturdays Funeral. Those who have lost a Father, well know the hardest part is witnessing your Mother grieve. I could withstand a thousand lashes easier than that!

It is true............my Father is in a much better place now. It was tough seeing a Man you admired unable to walk or care for himself.

Again....................thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

Jeff

Jeff I too feel for your loss. Having lost my Mom & Dad at different times in my life I can assure you that the good times you and him have shared will ALWAYS be there.
There is no risk of losing the memories. A little ways down the road you will be doing something and a warm feeling with a smile will come over you as you recall something you guys did. It's a great feeling when it happens -

God Bless!!

MoHntr

Jeff,
You have my most sincere sympathy in the loss of your father. As I have said before in this forum grieving is for those left behind by those who have gone to their reward. May the Lord grant your mother the strength to carry on and be the inspiration for her family to be strong as well.
Not knowing what your beliefs might be I can only offer my support and comfort in your time of loss. My father passed peacefully three years ago and his funeral was a celebration of his emancipation from a life of extreme pain. A lone piper helped him pass in the comfort of "Amazing Grace". The notes have long faded and yet still seem to comfort.

To our reward
We will pass on.
For those of us left.
Life goes on.

But to be alive
And "left behind"
Keeps those who have passed
Alive in our mind.

Life is fleeting, memories are forever.

God Bless you and yours!

Jeff, you and your family are in our prayers. Heaven is blessed to have such a man. Heres to your father, God rest his soul.

Cheers

Having lost my oldest brother in '00 and both parents in 2004, I feel your loss. As others have said, faith and courage will help you to face the future and grace will hold you through the rough passages. God Bless!! Daun

Sorry Jeff put on some good tunes go through your fondest memories, have a glass of wine in tribute to your Dad and let the tears flow as they may.

Hugs and God Bless!
Debi

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky