Lord Have Mercy...I think I'm about to get my internet back!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Is that Cumberland Electric? I'm hoping they get to Portland, I would switch in a minute.
I'm on nes and Cumberland electric is on the other side. My mom just got fiber in Coopertown/Springfield rural area through Cumberland and they love it

UPDATE...OUT AGAIN!

Apparently, that wasn't it...it was up for about an hour and then POOF!

I went through all the steps again...still out.

Before, there was simply a red power light, but NOW what it's doing is cycling...power light on, ethernet light on, dsl flashing...rinse/repeat. That's usually what it does when they're working on it, but I'd think...wait a minute...

Well, it's back up...I'm almost scared to disconnect my hotsp...and just like that, down again.

I'm gonna stop now...GAH!!!!!

"The government is here to help". prolly just a matter of time as the feds are giving grants to get every rural area connected with high speed internet. Only reason we have it out where I'm at is federal grants. The local cable company would have never done it on their dime.
"The government is here to help". No scarier a phrase ever written uttered!
A project in Minnesota a few years dumped about $30k per household on a "providing them internet service" project. Your tax dollars spent wisely?

Reactions: TNJAKE
I feel for you Sherry.
Back in Minnesota, I am the closest house to the neighborhood hub and had terrible service. After battling them for years, turns out the long underground feed to my house was bad. They put in a new line and service is pretty good and now D#$% expensive. Next summer will be fun. I'm getting a new slab poured over part of the underground feed. Not looking forward to their delay on getting the feed re-routed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky