Looking for stackable pellet containers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hairicon

Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
ATL
I drove from Atlanta to Augusta, GA this week to visit the Recteq showroom and compare the 590 to the 700 side by side. Of course, I bought the bigger, more expensive one. The staff couldn’t have been nicer and it’s a really cool showroom and facility. They gave me a free cover and also 2 40lb and 2 20lb bags of pellets. I have a question. Has anyone found stackable containers that I can store 40 lbs of pellets and then be able to carry to the grill when it finally arrives? Thanks.

I also use the Home Depot buckets. Just with the Home Depot lid though. I can’t remember if 40 lbs fit in one. I think they do though. I use different buckets to separate all my wood and pellets.

I go the cheap way. I use discarded kitty litter plastic buckets with the lid already attached, and they work great. Stack well and keep the pellets dry. Also, keeps them out of the landfills longer.

40# of pellets will not fit in one bucket but what the heck. . .They are free. . .LOL

John

Last edited:
This how I keep mine.

Attachments

• Pellets.jpg
    Pellets.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 54
If they're unopened then you should be fine storing them in your garage - off the cement floor(I use a skid). If they're opened then you'll want to store them in an airtight plastic container.

Chris

Is there any wow factor in visiting them?? I use 5 gallon bucket from the hardware store.

I did end up getting three food quality 5 gallon buckets from Lowes. 40Lbs fits into two buckets. I'm not sure when my Rt700 will be here. Backordered.

Is there any wow factor in visiting them?? I use 5 gallon bucket from the hardware store.
It's a really nice facility. I think it would be awesome to go there when they have an event. It's just a showroom. But, for me, I could compare grills since I had never seen a Recteq in person.

I use a couple of these for pellets. Don't think you could quite fit 40 lbs in them though.

Kingsford makes a container like that one except lager that will hold 40lbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: schlotz
Wine and beer making supply stores carry the 6 gal pails. Used for fermenting wort for beer and wine. Also some wine juice comes in the 6 gal pails, that is how I acquired them.

Academy buckets. 5 gallon lids fit. Padded swivel seats are available to fit on the lids.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky