Looking for some Looooong 30+ hour smokes?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My method for 30 hour smokes..

Step one: Plug in MES.
Step Two: Set Temperature and time.
Step Three: Put in lit AMNPS when at temp.
Step Four: Check back in 12 hours to refill AMNPS if needed and reset the timer.
Step Five: Success!

;)

Hi Tom, Thanks for the response. What are some things you typically smoke for 30 or more hours?

Hi Dave, I use a MES 30, mailbox mod and a tube smoker.
IMG_7242 (Small).jpg

A brisket I did with that setup recently :)
IMG_7288 (Small).jpg

I am pretty happy with my setup over all. That brisket was very tasty. I would just like to dial it in a bit more before I go for longer harder smokes. With my setup the way it is now 4-6 hours of smoke is about the max I can do before things start getting bitter.

I saw in Mr Ts post that he can smoke for hundreds of hours using his pan AMNPS and no mention of bitterness. I spent about 4 hours reading over the material found here on smoke particle size, getting a proper burn and how the smoke ring is formed.
https://amazingribs.com/more-techni...nce/mythbusting-smoke-ring-no-smoke-necessary

I can live without the smoke ring, but I can't help but feel like the overall quality of my smokes could still improve. I'm trying to decide if simply blowing yet another $30+ on a AMNPS is going to be helpful (a hand full of threads here seem to suggest maybe) or if I need to go bigger and make an external fire box of some kind so the smoke can be generated at the higher temperature suggested on the website I linked above.

Thanks Dave, I'm going to give the dust a try also. What would be the reason for elevating the pipe?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky