Looking for help on smoking a brisket .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crashburn

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Zephyrhills Fl
It has been awhile since I have smoked a brisket . I am looking for ideas for injecting or anything you might think . It will be cooked on a pellet smoker . All help would be appreciated thank you .

It has been awhile since I have smoked a brisket . I am looking for ideas for injecting or anything you might think . It will be cooked on a pellet smoker . All help would be appreciated thank you .
What grade brisket? Packer or flat?

I just rub and cook on my rec tec with this temp profile: 180 (high smoke) for 1-2 hours then 275 to probe tender. Start checking about 195 IT

How can you tell if it is a prime
Should have a label with the grade, if you bought it at a local butcher it’s most likely choice. I’m not an injector but I can tell you my method on my pellet. And everyone one here had a different way - but if anyone tells you there’s a right way and a wrong way - I’d stop listening right there. Rub and let come to room temp an hour before smoking. Put probe in thickest part of flat, or probe there when you do it manually. I cook at 250 and naturally there’s swings in the pellet but don’t worry about that, it will avg out over the cook. When the thick flat hits 170 wrap it in butcher paper if you have it, if not - foil. Start probing with a skewer 200 ish, when there not much resistance in all parts of the flat it’s ready to be pulled. Open wrap and Let rest on table for 15 minuted to stop the cooking process - then wrap back up and wrap a bunch of towels around it and let sit in cooler for couple hours. If want to eat on the countertop well insulated for 30-60 min fine too - all depends on when you want to slice and eat. Expect 1.5-2 per lb cook time at that temp but they’re all different. Main point - don’t over think it! That leads to paranoia and bad brisket - but if you’re just starting out that’s a tough learn without screwing a couple up. Good luck

Reactions: crashburn

Attachments

• 20210529_152643.jpg
    20210529_152643.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210529_152637.jpg
    20210529_152637.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210529_152624.jpg
    20210529_152624.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 11
Cool . Looks good . I found the other thread , just trying to follow along .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky