Looking for firewood in Miami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin Buddha

Original poster
Jan 29, 2020
I’m new to smoking and I’m having a hard time finding somewhere that sells good firewood. I know homedepot and Publix sells firewood but it’s more like campfire firewood and I’m not sure if it’s good enough to use to smoke with. Any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to SMF from Gilbert, AZ Buddha, you landed in a great spot. Living in the desert where not a lot of hardwood trees grow I order my smoking splits from Cabelas, mostly hickory, burns nice. That being said I will say that I have gift cards and points saved up from using the Cabelas credit card, it never really costs me anything out of pocket. RAY

Welcome to SMF from Gilbert, AZ Buddha, you landed in a great spot. Living in the desert where not a lot of hardwood trees grow I order my smoking splits from Cabelas, mostly hickory, burns nice. That being said I will say that I have gift cards and points saved up from using the Cabelas credit card, it never really costs me anything out of pocket. RAY

Thanks, I will look into it!

Call some local tree trimming businesses's or craigslist
Here

I do not have a stick burner but many use charcoal as a heating source. Then add a few chunks a wood for flavor. You can get chunks at Home Depot Wal-Mart etc. Here is some info from Chargriller website:

BTW. Welcome to the forum

4. Dump the Coals into the Side Fire Box

When the coals are ready, dump them into the Side Fire Box. Ensure the vent on the right side of the Side Fire Box and the chimney vent on the left of the barrel are at least halfway open.

This is the step where you would add wood chips or wood chunks to flavor your food.

A note on wood: While you can make a fire of wood in your Side Fire Box, we do not recommend it because it is difficult to maintain the temperature of a completely wood burning fire.

Reactions: Smokin Buddha
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky