Looking for a reliable smoker up to $1000

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

How2doit?

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 7, 2020
I tried Pit Boss. Twice. Two different models and they both suck. Customer support ? What a joke.
Anyway, I am not here to be bashing the brand. What should I get for about $1000 that is reliable ? GO...

I agree with Jake.
If you're wanting to stay with a pellet grill, then check out Rec-Tec. If you're wanting to go all electric, then check out Smokin-it.

For that price and free shipping, you got some $$ leftover for meat!

I mostly smoke brisket and chicken. Some salmon here and there

I have not. I did grill most of my life using charcoal but never smoked. Now that I am in love with briskets and the smoke flavor I don’t know where to start...
If you want to go offset bump up your budget by 50-100% to get something you won't have to replace as long as you do standard maintenance. If you enjoy the smoke flavor, offset stick burners will yield the best results, but it takes time and attention cooking on one. That being said, you can limit effort and headache by going with a quality pit.

Reactions: How2doit?
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky