looking for a hot mustard slaw recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

biggen81

Original poster
Dec 22, 2010
yes i love coming here looking at all the great recipe and getting new ideal i been smoking for about 2 years.. i am looking for hot mustard slaw it like the yellow hot mustard slaw if anyone got any good recipe and would like to share i would love it thanks and happy smoking

[h2]Memphis Mustard Coleslaw Tangy and Hot![/h2][h2] [/h2][h2] [/h2][h2] [/h2][h2]Ingredients:[/h2]
Change Measurements: US | Metric
[h2]Directions[/h2]
  1. 1 Place mustard and sugar in a non-reactive mixing bowl and whisk to mix. Gradually whisk in vinegar, oil and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste; the dressing should be highly seasoned. Set dressing aside.
  2. 2 Finely chop cabbage in a food processor fitted with a metal chopping blade, running the machine in short bursts; this is a chopped, not a shredded, slaw. Work in several batches so as not to overcrowd processor bowl.
  3. 3 Finely grate carrot by hand or use shredding disk of food processor.
  4. 4 Add cabbage and carrot to dressing and toss to mix. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and vinegar as necessary.
  5. 5 The slaw tastes best served within a few hours of being made but can be refrigerated, covered, for a day or two
Recipe is from food.com

My wife heats up basic slaw recipes with hot sauce and chipotle peppers for fish tacos. For macaroni salads I use dried chinese mustard, wasabi and/or ground horseradish. All of those ingredients have different types of heat and flavors.

The above flavors all seem to take time to develop so mixing and tasting doesn't get to the final taste. Sorry I can't be more specific but I quit using recipes many moons ago.

For really hot chinese mustard, mix w/cold water to a thick paste in a small bowl. Turn the bowl upside down and place on a saucer for 20 min. I don't know why that works but it does. Any food chemists here?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky