Looking for a french boudin blanc recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you indaswamp. I saw that one - first that pops up in google.

How did you emulsify the mixture after grinding?

Have you poached them after stuffing? The above recipe does not ask for poaching. The authentic version seems to include poaching.

How did you eat them? Grilled?

Last edited:
Thank you indaswamp. I saw that one - first that pops up in google.

How did you emulsify the mixture after grinding?

Have you poached them after stuffing? The above recipe does not ask for poaching. The authentic version seems to include poaching.

How did you eat them? Grilled?
I used a mixer for the emulsion. I steamed my links just enough to cook the casing and warm the boudin. I ate them like cajun boudin, with crackers and a beer right after steaming.

I am confused. Wasn't the meat raw when you mixed it ith the other ingredients for emulsifying?

Yes, the meat was raw but the veggies were cooked. I followed the directions:

Pulse peppercorns, caraway, cayenne, nutmeg, allspice, bay leaves, and cloves in a spice grinder until fine. Combine spices, the pork shoulder, chicken, fatback, and salt; cover and chill until very cold, 3 hours.
Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high. Cook onion until soft, 8–10 minutes; let cool. Combine onion and meat mixture; pass through a grinder set to fine dice. Meanwhile, combine cream and bread crumbs in a bowl; let sit 10 minutes. Transfer ground meat mixture, bread crumb mixture, and the thyme to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat on medium until fluffy and mousselike, about 5 minutes. Stuff sausage mixture into casings (See the Basic Technique).

Ok, I see your question now...
The fresh links I ate right away, I put in a pan with ~1/2" of water and steamed/braised them covered, turning occasionally until the water boiled off. Cooked the meat.

I sealed the raw sausage in a vacuum bag for the freezer. When I wanted some, I pulled a bag out of the freezer and and sous vide ~160* for about 45~60 min. to cook the links. Casing will be rubbery. You can saute' or steam to firm the casing up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky