Looking at Ford 150's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
On a used F150 make sure you listen well on a cold start. My 2018 required 5k$ worth of cam phaser work at around 100K and again at 140K. Otherwise love the truck. Oh and yes it is ecoboost

Huge fan of cargurus.com. Last 3 cars on it. We are picky as heck and still found deals. That said, for 50m away I say pass on the truck and dock. I think dock fees for the summer here are $1500. Most marinas winterize and store for like $500-800. All the marinas here have huge perks too. Pools, lockers, showers and best of all no "fun" at the ramp.

Reactions: jcam222
They opening a new lake, Lake Bogart by us I want to fish. It's a 50 minute drive but I really don't want to drive my 97 jeep with boat that far. Its time for an upgrade. It's going to hurt but you only live once! Looking at newer used Ford 150 with 2.7 and 4wd. I know some of you have these. Is there anything I should be looking for?
Can't help you with an F150, but if you're looking for something truly unique this low mileage modified 2016 F450 offers a solution to your towing requirements, and a whole lot more. Better hurry though. It's on an auction which ends today (2/25) so don't delay.

Huge fan of cargurus.com. Last 3 cars on it. We are picky as heck and still found deals. That said, for 50m away I say pass on the truck and dock. I think dock fees for the summer here are $1500. Most marinas winterize and store for like $500-800. All the marinas here have huge perks too. Pools, lockers, showers and best of all no "fun" at the ramp.
I don't think there will be any marina's on this lake at least in the short term. I been on waiting list on Lake Texoma for a year now. They say can take several years as list is long. Would also have to have hydro-hoist. They are building some storage units by the new lake. If I end up liking going over there will move boat to one of those.

Reactions: zwiller
I don't think there will be any marina's on this lake at least in the short term. I been on waiting list on Lake Texoma for a year now. They say can take several years as list is long. They are building some storage units by the new lake. If I end up liking going over there will move boat to one of those.
Sorry to read that but glad you checked it out. That's the same for campsites here now and long list. Seems like a lot of boat guys switched to camping. Not sure if it's this way here but locals don't use the popular ramp. We have a few ramps we don't tell others about. Even worse with fishing spots LOL.

Sorry to read that but glad you checked it out. That's the same for campsites here now and long list. Seems like a lot of boat guys switched to camping. Not sure if it's this way here but locals don't use the popular ramp. We have a few ramps we don't tell others about. Even worse with fishing spots LOL.
we quit the boat thing and switched to a camper and a Suzuki quadrunner. I was in a private boat club and only paid $250/month for s wet slip which is dirt cheap for ft lauderdale.. The club got all dysfunctional so we sold the Searay, and bought a toy hauler. I still have a 14' Zodiac we can haul to the keys or for days on
thetinercoastal.Wehave a private
ra IMG_5337.JPG

ramp, so no bullshit. kept my club membership just for that.

Maybe what you really need temporarily is a fishing buddy. You supply the boat, he or she supplies the tow vehicle, and you split the gas. Just Sayin!

I use that and autotrader. Love being able to create searches for exactly the year and mileage range I’m looking for. Found exactly what I wanted in a 2020 Chevy Colorado just searching and being patient.

I use that and autotrader. Love being able to create searches for exactly the year and mileage range I’m looking for. Found exactly what I wanted in a 2020 Chevy Colorado just searching and being patient.
I was looking at those Colorado's last year until I seen how the back seat goes up. Leaves that frame and dog would of not been able to get in.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky