Looking at Ford 150's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
They opening a new lake, Lake Bogart by us I want to fish. It's a 50 minute drive but I really don't want to drive my 97 jeep with boat that far. Its time for an upgrade. It's going to hurt but you only live once! Looking at newer used Ford 150 with 2.7 and 4wd. I know some of you have these. Is there anything I should be looking for?

Reactions: JLeonard
2018 or newer will be the gen 2 2.7 . That will be the one you want . Do you have a preference on a trim package ?
I always drive Lariats , but like the " no chrome " options . Could not find what I wanted in a Lariat so I went XLT with the 302A luxury group .
Here's a towing chart for the different models .

Wait until after tax time. The market gets inflated while people are getting their refunds, and go spend them on cars and trucks. Also, the whole car market is in the start of a correction. If you can wait, give it a few months.
it might be starting to drop but not quite there yet...plus interest rates suck. Was thinking of replacing my daughters car last week and after a little time poking around I said no way. Need to see what the summer brings.

I'm on my second F-150 XLT with the 2.7. I had a 2017, but an Audi TTS decided to pull out in front of me and after 3 and a half month battle they totaled it. Loved that truck. I used the money from that to put down on a 2022 last month. Now I love this truck. I haven't towed with this one yet, but my old one handled my Tracker with a 90 horse no problem. I wanted a used, but new ended up cheaper. Interest is high now, but our credit union beat out ford by quite a bit.

I have 2 , 02 and a 11 2 door older and 4 door newer, 5.0 289000 + miles, been pretty great, 190000 on the 2 door with 4.2 also has been great both still get it done

Personally, I will never have less than a 3/4 ton pickup. Yeah they ride a bit rougher, but they usually tow or haul without making the load drive you. Sometimes you can find them for less than a 1/2 ton if you give up the 4 door for a standard or extended cab.
My work horse is a 97 Dodge with Cummins. Getting tired at 300K miles.
Got a 07 Ford last summer and it will probably be my first and last.
The 5.3 is a masterpiece of scrap. Need to delete the cam phaser and see if it runs better.

Boss and good friend have 1/2 ton with the Eco boost. Good units. Just remember to replace spark plugs under 100k miles.

OK, 2 can play this game...sign seen on old tractor: "For sale or trade for Ford truck. Or 2 Dodge trucks. Or 5 Chevy trucks."
My tiny little town once had both Ford and GM plants. OMG the war...

IMO get another Grand Cherokee.

They opening a new lake, Lake Bogart by us I want to fish. It's a 50 minute drive but I really don't want to drive my 97 jeep with boat that far. Its time for an upgrade. It's going to hurt but you only live once! Looking at newer used Ford 150 with 2.7 and 4wd. I know some of you have these. Is there anything I should be looking for?
I've got '16 with 2.7 4WD. pull a 24' toyhauler.
i've only got 33K on it, no issues. If I did it over I would make sure I had the following:
Large dash monitor mine is only the 4.5" one. some kind of upgraded stereo. 61/2' bed so my quad-runner would fit without a trailer. the 2.7 is pretty peppy and only falls slightly short of my last Ram with 5.7 hemi.

I been watching for a year now and prices about the same. Don't think they coming down anytime soon. I have $25,000 coming to put down. My oldest brother wanted my parents house. He stole it for $100,000 but did not want to make him sell. He spent a lot of time taking care of parents and felt he earned it.

I been watching for a year now and prices about the same. Don't think they coming down anytime soon. I have $25,000 coming to put down. My oldest brother wanted my parents house. He stole it for $100,000 but did not want to make him sell. He spent a lot of time taking care of parents and felt he earned it.
i bought both of my last two Trucks '15 Ram and '16F-150 as short term lease returns. both right at 30K miles and both about 1/2 of sticker for new.

Reactions: chopsaw
I been watching for a year now and prices about the same.
They hold their value . Older and higher mileage drops the price , but you already have that in the drive way .
short term lease returns.
Yup . Mine was a fleet vehicle . 28K miles , Sports package and luxury group . Was just above half of new price and came with full warranty .

i bought both of my last two Trucks '15 Ram and '16F-150 as short term lease returns. both right at 30K miles and both about 1/2 of sticker for new.

Yup . Mine was a fleet vehicle . 28K miles , Sports package and luxury group . Was just above half of new price and came with full warranty .
How do you find these?

I too have been looking for a late model F150 for about 6 months now. The ones that I can afford have well over 150,000 miles, but they want too much for any of them regardless of mileage and trim package...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky