Long Time Reader, First Time Joiner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

abetheham

Original poster
Nov 19, 2013
Michigan
Well, after reading threads on this website for almost 2 years, I figured that I would finally join up with the rest of you. I have only been smoking since late 2011 and I have done most of my learning by reading these forums and by learning on my own what works and what doesn't. I have mainly stuck to the easy stuff: summer sausage, pork loins, turkeys, and turkey legs. I did finally do a brisket this past summer, but the amount of time that took, I don't know if my liver and patience can handle doing that more than once a year. Being a beginner, my smoker is a basic Smoke Hollow 34" LP smoker, paired with a Maverick ET-73.

So far, my pride and joy that I have made is the fatty that I have as my avatar. Marinated pork loin that was filleted and rolled out, stuffed with fresh spinach leaves, cheese, sausage cooked with garlic and onions, and then all rolled up and wrapped in a bacon weave. My smoker was a huge mess after that but it was totally worth it.

Lastly, my name is Abe, I'm 28, and I am from MI. I look forward to continue to read and learn from the pros on this website.

Welcome to the SMF Family. Since you've been here for almost 2 years you probably don't need many pointers to the web site so Ill just say the search bar is the best tool you can use by far for making great food.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the group, Abe!  Glad to have you join us.  Just ask when you need anything and someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

I love it when a LONG TIME Lurker finally joins the SMF Family and make their first post! Glad that you're here Abe and looking forward to seeing you in the Forums!

Enjoy the Smoke!

Abe
welcome1.gif

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky