long time lurking, first time posting.... new MES 40

Discussion in 'Electric Smokers' started by bc2050p, Jul 8, 2011.

1. bc2050p

bc2050p Fire Starter

After much lurking on the SMF, I bought a MES 40 last Friday.  I couldn't wait to try it and I couldn't decide what to try first so

I did a small sampler....   btw, I promise better pictures next time.  I had trouble keeping the drool from messing up the pics.

a small brisket...

[​IMG]

a pork shoulder...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a chuck roast...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]    Glad to have you with us!

3. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WELCOME!

Congrats on your new hobby!!!

Todd

4. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. [​IMG]

5. bc2050p

bc2050p Fire Starter

Just put spare ribs & pork tenderloin in the cooler.... Hope this turns out at good as first attempt. 

qview to follow.... if I can keep the vultures away long enough when I unwrap it.

6. bamafan

bamafan Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks like a good first run. Your doomed now. You'll have friends you never knew of!!!!!!

7. bc2050p

bc2050p Fire Starter

yup, friends ( & family ) are definitely smoked meat fans now... AMNPS arrived today.  Trying to figure out what I can eliminate out of my mid-week schedule to give me time for a test run.

8. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

The Brisket and PP look Great... You will love that new MES... What you need now is an AMNS or AMNPS to go with it...