• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

London Broil

robrpb

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 15, 2020
I bought a CAB London Broil today from Winn-Dixie that was a little less than 3lbs. I cut it in half and only smoked half of it. Too much for one person. The left overs should be good for sammies. I seasoned it with salt and pepper and smoked it with a piece of oak on my Weber kettle. I used a FireBoard 2 with a fan to control the temperature and set the smoking temperature to 220 F. When the IT was about 115F I put it over hot coals to sear it and then continued smoking it to about 132 F. For my first smoked London broil I was very pleased with the results.

Rob

Attachments

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Heck yeah bud I'd be proud of that as well. Nice job

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Oh yeah, pass the Dukes please.

GonnaSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 19, 2018
Winn Dixie - The Beef People. It's been a minute or 2, but that's where I worked in the meat department a LONG, LONG, time ago, 1st job I had as a kid...

Anyway, the top round looks good. Sliced thin, it will make some good sandwiches...

robrpb

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 15, 2020
Winn Dixie - The Beef People. It's been a minute or 2, but that's where I worked in the meat department a LONG, LONG, time ago, 1st job I had as a kid...

Anyway, the top round looks good. Sliced thin, it will make some good sandwiches...
Thank you. I agree, Winn-Dixie has some good beef. Before Christmas they had bone-in rib roasts on sale for $5.49 and I bought a couple of them. I cut one into steaks. The marbling looked like prime. I grilled them at my sister's on her gas grill. She said it was the best steak I made at home. I'm hoping the other roast is just as good. Now, I wish I bought more.

robrpb

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 15, 2020
Looks mighty nice from my screen. Don't forget some horseradish to go along with the Duke's.

Dave
Thanks Dave. I usually have horseradish sauce on warm beef, I will have to try it on a cold sandwich.

Rob

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.