London Broil

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

robrpb

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 15, 2020
Royal Palm Beach, FL
I bought a CAB London Broil today from Winn-Dixie that was a little less than 3lbs. I cut it in half and only smoked half of it. Too much for one person. The left overs should be good for sammies. I seasoned it with salt and pepper and smoked it with a piece of oak on my Weber kettle. I used a FireBoard 2 with a fan to control the temperature and set the smoking temperature to 220 F. When the IT was about 115F I put it over hot coals to sear it and then continued smoking it to about 132 F. For my first smoked London broil I was very pleased with the results.

Rob

Attachments

• London Broil.jpg
    London Broil.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 36
  • London Broil Sliced.jpg
    London Broil Sliced.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 39
Winn Dixie - The Beef People. It's been a minute or 2, but that's where I worked in the meat department a LONG, LONG, time ago, 1st job I had as a kid...

Anyway, the top round looks good. Sliced thin, it will make some good sandwiches...

Reactions: robrpb
Winn Dixie - The Beef People. It's been a minute or 2, but that's where I worked in the meat department a LONG, LONG, time ago, 1st job I had as a kid...

Anyway, the top round looks good. Sliced thin, it will make some good sandwiches...
Thank you. I agree, Winn-Dixie has some good beef. Before Christmas they had bone-in rib roasts on sale for $5.49 and I bought a couple of them. I cut one into steaks. The marbling looked like prime. I grilled them at my sister's on her gas grill. She said it was the best steak I made at home. I'm hoping the other roast is just as good. Now, I wish I bought more.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky