London Broil

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

r2 builders

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Escondido , California
Hi,
I picked up a piece of meat marked "London Broil" which I know is not referring to a cut.
Is there a way to smoke this? I read through several threads and it looks like a no go but I thought I would ask anyway.
Look forward to seeing any replies.

r2

Do you know what cut it is? Top round, bottom round, English shoulder, etc.? You can smoke any of them, but only to an internal of 130-135° for satisfactory results.

Reactions: chilerelleno
I've used this for dried beef and jerky. Both came out great because it is a lean cut of meat for the most part. I'm in the process of making summer sausage with it as well. I believe this is either top round. Or flank steak cuts of meat

Here is the package
20180811_132525.jpg

Here is the package

Looks the same. You can smoke it. I wouldn't do it in one piece though unless it is brined or has soaked in a marinade first though.
P8101264.jpg

Reactions: chilerelleno
I smoke theses quit often, I would smoke for 1.5 hrs at 225 then reverse sear it on a hot grill. I would also suggest to marinade it for at least 3-4 hrs prior to smoking. I shoot for pulling at an IT of 125-130 and let rest half hour before slicing in to it. If any leftovers real thin slice for great sandwich meat for phillies.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky