• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

london broil

supertramp74

Joined Jan 11, 2011
london broil is on sale this week for 1.99 a LB .Can i get my butcher to cut it 2inch thick steaks and then smoke it like i would a brisket?(brisket is 4.25 LB)

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Sounds like a plan to me.

pops6927

Gone but never forgotten.
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 23, 2008
depends on what cut it is... "london broil" is not a specific cut of meat, it is terminology for it's useage, the way it's cooked, which is by searing and broiling medium rare.  You could smoke it but only raise it's internal temp to 135° - 145°, otherwise it would be dried out, and I would sear it on a grill first also.  Cooking low and slow should be reserved for less tender, fattier cuts of meat that will tenderize while cooking and have enough internal fat and marbling to do so.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I'd have to say, "Pops Nailed It---As usual !"

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.