loins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

outlaw

Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
I LIVE IN CENTRAL IOWA
HAS ANYONE USED PEACH BRANDY TO INJECT THEIR LOINS WITH? MY WIFE REALLY LIKES THEM WHEN I DO. HAS ANY BODY DONE SQUASH IN THE SMOKER IF SO HOW DID YOU DO IT ? thank you outlaw

I have done a few loins but I have never injected them with anything but if you want to thats how we get better is trying something new with our meats. Now as far as smoking you say squesh I did zuchnnies and they were great but I stuffed them Now lets try to some zuchinnie (spelling isn't as good as the food) stuffed with mashed potatoes mixture with onions, garlic fresh of course, carrots, peppers, some cheese and now wer're ready for the smoker.

And they came out great tasting too. I have done sqesh too but no Q of them yet.

I use apricot brandy or Grande Mariner all the time and have on rare occasions used peach shnapps both as an inject or in a mop. I love it. I prefer it as a glaze better than when its enjected because I feel that with it on the outside you initially get a hint of the apricot or peach flavour and then you get the taste of the beef flavour rather than an overall fruity meat flavour. Hard to explain.

The only time I smoked squash I burnt the hell out of it. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! so no help to you there.
icon_redface.gif

If I were to do squash again I'd make it into a thick soup and then smoke it for a couple of hours at 210f adding a bit of heavy cream when it was done. I'd stir it every 1/2 hour or so. I have done tomato soup like that in mesquite smoke and really liked it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky