Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★

These are Show Stealers, so Rich, Creamy and Cheesy!
Baked tater skins filled with a wonderful loaded mash.
The mash had freshly grated Parmesano Reggiano cheese, crumbled bacon, sauteed minced onion and garlic, along with lots of heavy cream, butter and salt.
Topped with Havarti cheese and Cajun spice and broiled to a golden Nirvana.

1 large Russet potato per person
Shredded cheese, your favorite(s)
Heavy cream
Butter
Crumbled bacon
Sauteed minced onion and garlic
Salt and Cajun seasoning

I give no set proportions to this recipe since it'll vary widely according to how many potatoes are being prepared,
Bake the potatoes, split in halves and hollow out the skins.
Prepare a lusciously creamy, cheesy mashed potato mixture using all the listed ingredients, and then refill the skins, and lastly top with cheese and spices.
Back into the oven under the broiler to melt the cheese and get some color.

QT49rqF.jpg

viVavVN.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great John, I like to put the hollowed halves back on the grill to crisp them up before filling.

Point for sure
Chris

I could make a meal out of just the potoato! Sounds real good chile! What's the rest of the plate consist of? Fine looking plate!

Reactions: chilerelleno
I give no set proportions to this recipe since it'll vary widely according to how many potatoes are being prepared,

This is the best advice ever. Halves are harder for me to manage, so I make a football shaped cut in the skin so the potato core looks like a canoe. and essentially do the same technique.

These are Show Stealers, so Rich, Creamy and Cheesy!
Baked tater skins filled with a wonderful loaded mash.
The mash had freshly grated Parmesano Reggiano cheese, crumbled bacon, sauteed minced onion and garlic, along with lots of heavy cream, butter and salt.
Topped with Havarti cheese and Cajun spice and broiled to a golden Nirvana.

1 large Russet potato per person
Shredded cheese, your favorite(s)
Heavy cream
Butter
Crumbled bacon
Sauteed minced onion and garlic
Salt

Bake the potatoes, split in halves and hollow out the skins.
Prepare a lusciously creamy, cheesy mashed potato mixture using all the listed ingredients, and then refill the skins, and lastly top with cheese and spices.
Back into the oven under the broiler to melt the cheese and get some color.

View attachment 471855

View attachment 471856
Outstanding per normal!!

Nice! I could of used one of those last night.
Heck yeah bud those look good
Looks awesome Chile!! What else you got on that plate. It looks awesome too.
Looks awesome! Nice job Chile!

Ryan
Looks great John, I like to put the hollowed halves back on the grill to crisp them up before filling.

Point for sure
Chris
Now that sounds good.
chili - is there anything you make that doesn’t look good?
LOL, yep there sure is... I only show off the good stuff. :emoji_wink:
I could make a meal out of just the potoato! Sounds real good chile! What's the rest of the plate consist of? Fine looking plate!
This is the best advice ever. Halves are harder for me to manage, so I make a football shaped cut in the skin so the potato core looks like a canoe. and essentially do the same technique.
Outstanding per normal!!
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
But these aren't a recent cook, just a recipe I pulled out of a complete meal from the past.
Building up my recipe index and categorizing this into Side Dishes.

Looks really good! I do mashed potatoes almost exactly the same with ample skin in the mash, but I add chopped chives and white pepper, however no Cajun seasoning. I'll have to substitute that for the white pepper to taste the difference

The Taters sound great and look Fabulous...BUT...I was JUST going to ask if the Meat was PORK or if, Beef, did your Thermometer DIE! LOL...JJ

• Haha
Looks good John! We don't often think of doing twice baked potatoes...need to change our thinking as baked potatoes get old after a while. Like.

Looks good John. Baked potatos get boring after a while. Might give this a try is the Mrs. is open minded to it. She loves a simple Baked Potato. Thanks for sharing.

Looks Excellent, John!!
Similar to ours, but you use more Onions, and I use more Bacon.
As a Side, I can only handle one nowadays anyway.
Like.

Bear

Looks really good! I do mashed potatoes almost exactly the same with ample skin in the mash, but I add chopped chives and white pepper, however no Cajun seasoning. I'll have to substitute that for the white pepper to taste the difference
Oh yeah!! I could eat a couple of those, John.
Gary
The Taters sound great and look Fabulous...BUT...I was JUST going to ask if the Meat was PORK or if, Beef, did your Thermometer DIE! LOL...JJ
Looks good John! We don't often think of doing twice baked potatoes...need to change our thinking as baked potatoes get old after a while. Like.
Looks good John. Baked potatos get boring after a while. Might give this a try is the Mrs. is open minded to it. She loves a simple Baked Potato. Thanks for sharing.
Dang that looks good brother!!
Al
Looks Excellent, John!!
Similar to ours, but you use more Onions, and I use more Bacon.
As a Side, I can only handle one nowadays anyway.
Like.

Bear

Thanks y'all, appreciate it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky