LOADED SOUTHWEST ENCHILADAS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Last weekend I did two cooks on the UDS. The first was a southwest fattie that turned out awesome. You can check out the thread on it here: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/southwest-fattie.302423/

The next day I did a pork butt hot and fast with no wrap for sandwiches. It came out great! Here are a couple pics of it.
1025201834.jpg
1025201934.jpg

So now I have a bunch of the filling from the fattie left over and also some leftover pulled pork.
I was inspired by a couple of recent threads lately ...one from xray xray last week for changing things up on taco Tuesday and doing something a little different with his tostadas. The other was a killer looking smoked chicken enchilada casserole posted by dirtsailor2003 dirtsailor2003 .
Thanks guys! They both looked great and got my wheels turning!
I decided we would skip tacos for taco Tuesday and have some enchiladas instead.

Started with filling some low carb tortillas with some of the leftover fattie mixture and some pulled pork. Rolled them up and put them into a foil pan for easy clean up.
1027201923.jpg
1027201945_HDR.jpg

Then pour on some enchilada sauce and then top with some jack and cheddar cheeses.
1027202040_HDR.jpg
1027202041_HDR.jpg

Pop them in the oven to warm them up and melt the cheese
1027202111_HDR.jpg

Then onto the plate. I topped mine with some queso fresco,sour cream, black olives, hot sauce and cilantro.
1027202130.jpg

Man these were good! The fattie filling with the pulled pork worked out fantastic! Another great "leftovers" meal.
Thanks for taking a look!

acac1b2f3f9ec881d4ece05e29a2d778.gif

Enchiladas look great Travis. Love the idea of a fatty filling. I just did a batch a couple days ago with leftover PP too. So good! Big LIKE

Travis, those enchiladas look fantastic! And what a great idea using up the “leftovers.” The last photo looks better than any enchilada you’d get out of a restaurant around here.

With all these enchilada posts, I’m in the mood to make green chicken enchiladas.

Very Nice!!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Nice job Travis, they look delicious! Wife said she is in the mood for enchiladas soon also. Last time we made them was our first time making them and turned out great...but was also when there was a run on enchilada posts so didn't post em.

Nicely done
Ryan

Oh man! That looks good. Way to use up some left overs in a great way.
Jim
Thanks Jim they were real good!
Looks real tasty Travis
Thanks Jake!
Fantastic looking plate Travis, really a nice piece of work, Like! RAY
Thank you RAY!
View attachment 468508

Enchiladas look great Travis. Love the idea of a fatty filling. I just did a batch a couple days ago with leftover PP too. So good! Big LIKE
Thanks! I always like them with pulled pork or chicken. Ive done them with pulled brisket as well. All delishus!

Fantastic . One of my favorite meals .
Thanks chop! One of my favorite too. I alwats do them a little different each time.
Oh YES

Make me a tray of em. Looks good.
thanks! There were 2 left over. Wife took them to work with her today. I should have made more! Lol.
Travis, those enchiladas look fantastic! And what a great idea using up the “leftovers.” The last photo looks better than any enchilada you’d get out of a restaurant around here.

With all these enchilada posts, I’m in the mood to make green chicken enchiladas.

Very Nice!!
Thanks! Green is my favorite way to go! Love those flavors!
Looks delicous travis!
Thanks Jim!

MMMMmmmm!!
I never had an Enchilada, but they sure look Mighty Tasty!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear! They were great!
Nice job Travis, they look delicious! Wife said she is in the mood for enchiladas soon also. Last time we made them was our first time making them and turned out great...but was also when there was a run on enchilada posts so didn't post em.

Nicely done
Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Heck you should have posted them! Love seeing everyone show the way they make the same dish. Everyone has their own twist. Gives us all new ideas to work off of.

Wow Travis, those look really, really good. I too got caught up in the threads by xray xray and dirtsailor2003 dirtsailor2003 Made one somewhere between what you did here and the insanity in a casserole dish Dirtsailor made :emoji_laughing: Thought about posting it yesterday but never got around to doing it. Also thought about posting a couple pics here but not gonna hijack your thread. Kinda fun some of the stuff we all come up with ot use leftover BBQ for, that's for sure. Great job sir!!

Robert

Wow Travis, those look really, really good. I too got caught up in the threads by xray xray and dirtsailor2003 dirtsailor2003 Made one somewhere between what you did here and the insanity in a casserole dish Dirtsailor made :emoji_laughing: Thought about posting it yesterday but never got around to doing it. Also thought about posting a couple pics here but not gonna hijack your thread. Kinda fun some of the stuff we all come up with ot use leftover BBQ for, that's for sure. Great job sir!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! I actually get more excited about what I'm gonna make with leftover pulled pork than I do about it the day of! Lol!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky