Little Pork catering practice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I get asked to cater parties often and am just to busy usually to accommodate. It is however a retirement supplement plan a year or two out. My pulled pork gets rave reviews and my lawn guy asked if I could possible do some for his family get together. Since I have the week off I thought why not? Did three nice butts rubbed with my keto sweet heat rub. Smoked in the Lang with cherry and oak with a pan of broth and seasoning below it. Also did a pan of green beans with bacon and onion. I didn’t have time for full blown ABT’s or onion bombs so just did a few trays of bacon wrapped Vidalia onion halves dusted with my rib. Last up was condiments. Did a BBQ based on Jeff’s sauce adjusted to my tastes over time and a Lexington style vinegar sauce somewhat based on Chef Jimmy’s recipe. Next day defatted the liquid gold and mixed in the pork. Gave them a jar of that for a warm au jus as well. They paid for all materials and 3 full lawn mow / trims. Gotta love the barter system. https://youtube.com/shorts/OTxQo0VomYg?feature=share
3D8382B5-58D0-4ACA-807E-A9AF38D3DD6E.jpeg
E23F0C33-BBEE-49D2-895C-2D5975C7A108.jpeg
1C531104-BC1C-4FDE-89B4-E618A90C7E94.jpeg
A876AF54-61DC-4DD3-9A39-B20CBC96D742.jpeg
C75BDC28-25BC-4845-93DF-76182B9D5B1D.jpeg
FE06C068-9165-47DE-9F0F-42DFD417F478.jpeg
D7EFA057-1D26-4ECD-82C9-CCB94BA83EED.jpeg
A51D39A3-1E53-4B94-803C-632179A70FE6.jpeg

Wow Jeff, another spectacular effort buddy. It all looks amazing!! You got me thinking I need to invest in a Lang :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
Wow that looks fabulous Jeff, Great Job!!!

Point for sure
Chris

KInd of limited in my mobility (I use a walker) How about if I sit out in front of your and look sad a pathetic? Will that get me a meal, just asking.

May God have Mercy on the souls of your smokers........
Hopefully the new one can take some of the sting out of losing the older ones......
Heck yea, I'd mow your lawn for a month. :emoji_wink:
I'm with Winterrider Winterrider .....Where do I sign up for yard duty!?!?

Jim
heck I'd mow the lawn AND wash your cars! Looks fantastic!
Looks great, Jeff. I'll come cut your grass for a plate.....
Thanks guys Looks like the lawn man just worked himself right out of a job!! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Damn, that looks killer, I think he's getting the better deal.:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:
Great job! That looks fantastic!
Beautiful piece of work!!🍻
John
Man all this food looks great. The green beans look killer
Looks delicious!
Al
Wow that looks fabulous Jeff, Great Job!!!

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks for the kind words guys! Yep the fresh beans smoked like that under meat age something we love.

Wow Jeff, another spectacular effort buddy. It all looks amazing!! You got me thinking I need to invest in a Lang :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Robert as you know you can never have to many smokers. I’d be willing to bet you wouldn’t regret buying a Lang.
Fantastic bbq! When the time comes you will do well, no doubt.
Appreciate the vote of confidence!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky