little dry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gdp

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 18, 2019
Arvada, CO
So I did my 1st fatties last weekend with scrambled eggs, provolone, sautéed onion/yellow pepper/mushrooms. Used elk/pork sausage and thin bacon wrap on the outside. They turned out great except they were a little dry inside. The eggs and veggies were about 85% cooked before rolling and the internal temp was about 160 when I pulled them off. I'm thinking I cooked them too long and meant to pull off at 140ish. Any ideas on how to make the next ones juicier? Thanks!

Add some type of liquid. With your combo maybe a hot sauce of some type.

Chris

I definitely wouldn't drop the finished IT down to 140°.
I personally would go to 165° IT with ground sausage.

Bear

Thanks guys. Sounds like I need to do the same thing but add some liquid next time. I'm hooked on them. Here's a pic of them about to come off the grill. Looked perfect to me!
IMG_3398.jpg

Reactions: meatallica
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky