Likely a silly brine question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
if a turkey breast (or anything really) is not completely thawed and the plan is a wet brine (today's example - in for an overnight 12+ hour brine). I can still toss the semi frozen meat in the brine right? I cant think of a reason this cause an issue...but figured i would ask.

How frozen are we talking. From my experiencd slightly crunchy you woukd be fine, if its still partially hard, maybe not.

My feeling is if its partially thawed, once it hits the brine it will be totally thawed rather quickly anyways

You absolutely can Brine and Thaw at the same time. Worst case, if rock solid, overnight won't be long enough. Needs about 40+hours. But, yours is only partially frozen so I think it will be fine...JJ

many thanks! ill post up the cook. i pulled it a little late to be thawed by Sunday...that was my concern.

If i was not considered essential workforce I would have done better planning. I am jealous of those who can stay home. we are doing double time testing for the virus. I would pay to stay home for a few weeks if I could.

many thanks! ill post up the cook. i pulled it a little late to be thawed by Sunday...that was my concern.

If i was not considered essential workforce I would have done better planning. I am jealous of those who can stay home. we are doing double time testing for the virus. I would pay to stay home for a few weeks if I could.
Stay safe !!

Reactions: sandyut

Many of us who have the option of staying home aren't happy about it, but we all appreciate those of you who are watching out for us....

Reactions: sandyut
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky