• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Lighting Methods

smokehouse

Joined Dec 4, 2006
I plan on buying a charcoal smoker and i have been reading this forum for tips. I am looking for advice on how to light your charcoal. The only way i know how is to is the way i do it on my webber, by putting lighter fluid on the charcoal and lighting it. I was wondering how you experianced guys do it.

pyre

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2006
Chimney starters are great. They take about 20 minutes to get going real good, but you don't have to use any lighter fluid.

icemn62

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 20, 2006
Chimney starter is the way to go for getting your charcoal started.

bwsmith_2000

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2005
Smokehouse,
Gofish really nailed it. It's good to be able to start a fresh batch of charcoal while the embers of a previous batch are still declining in heat. And it's all done without the smell of the lighter fluid. Also, the pariffinn cubes are great.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 21, 2006
when buying a charcoal chimney starter local, it pays to shop around. i have seen them from $6.99 to $15.99 for the same sized units, depending on which i store i looked at. i think it was lowe's that had them for $6.99. i am going to look again before i buy mine. where ever i am when i see one for $6.99, i will buy it there. they all looked to be the same quality wise, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.