Licensed to Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cdub414

Original poster
Sep 1, 2016
I'm relatively new to the smoking game, I had a Brinkman offset that was used mainly for grilling. After three attempts to smoke on it I decide to upgrade to something newer that would be dedicated strictly to smoking. While doing some research on a new offset I happened to stumble across this forum. Good thing I did! After reading the simple Mods that people were doing to the Oklahoma Joe Highland I decided that was the route I wanted to take. I ended up finding one at my local Wall-Mart on clearance for $199, which I thought was a steal. Added some RTV around the fire box, gasket seal (which fell off the fire box after the first smoke) and a 3 in dyer duct. First smoke was for a party of 40 people, the OK Joe really did well was able to hold a steady temp for quite a long.time. I'm talking with a welder friend of mine to have a custom fire basket built, I hope to have that completed before the next smoke. Ill try to add to the mod threads as I find ways to improve the quality of the smoker, overall impressed with such a cheap unit. 

welcome1.gif

to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Congrats on the new smoker!

Looks like your doing a great job with it already!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky