LET'S US NOT FORGET OUR FALLEN.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
Let us not forget the brave men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
20200523_204520.jpg

Last edited:
I'm adding the Health Care Workers, and Police, Firemen, Grocery Store Workers, and all other front line workers who have perished in the last few months. It's getting to 100,000 now.
I spent 28 days in the hospital in 2012, but Mrs Bear was there with me every day.
I can't begin to think what it must be like to spend My last days in a hospital, without any loved ones able to spend time with me. It has to be Brutal !!

RIP to All,
Bear

Amen. We often take so much for granted. Thank goodness we have venues such as this forum to remind us of what it took to get here, so we can continue to move forward. We are all appreciative of those who have sacrificed and those that continue to do so.
My Father served proudly in WWII, my Father in Law served proudly in the Korean War.
Like Bear said, it's the non Military people too that are heroes.
Stay safe.

Mike

Every Memorial Day weekend my cousin and I get together to celebrate the life of one of our uncles. He made it home from Vietnam but cancer from the chemicals there finally got him. Upon his return from over there he continued to serve as a highly respected Paramedic. Every year we salute him with a whiskey on the rocks and a short saying. "To those who didn't make it back. To those who made it back but still paid the ultimate price." RIP Uncle Bob.

Last edited:
Not lumping in grocery store stockers with guys who were fighting hand to hand in sub zero temps in Korea sorry... I appreciate what your getting at though.

IMHO it's a war of a different sort. The servicemen who sat at the computers and programmed the missile coordinates were not out in the sub zero temps either but they were every bit a part of the war effort and deserve the accolades...just as the front line COVID workers do. Not all wars are fought with rifles on a battlefield. I am forever grateful for all of the military personnel who have given their all for us to enjoy the freedoms we experience. I'm also indebted and grateful for the people who put our lives ahead of theirs to keep the wheels of this country turning under some adverse conditions. I salute you all!!

Happy Memorial Day!!
Robert

IMHO it's a war of a different sort. The servicemen who sat at the computers and programmed the missile coordinates were not out in the sub zero temps either but they were every bit a part of the war effort and deserve the accolades...just as the front line COVID workers do. Not all wars are fought with rifles on a battlefield. I am forever grateful for all of the military personnel who have given their all for us to enjoy the freedoms we experience. I'm also indebted and grateful for the people who put our lives ahead of theirs to keep the wheels of this country turning under some adverse conditions. I salute you all!!

Happy Memorial Day!!
Robert

Agreed Bobby.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky