Let the New Year's Eve Brisket Begin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

357mag

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Piedmont Triad of NC
I got a nice 11.3 lb brisket at WalMart just before Christmas. Last night I slathered with yellow mustard and rubbed with my own brisket rub recipe. And now it is time to fire up the smoker.

acc5ec2f_rubbed.jpg

It is going in the GOSM at around 11PM tonight (12/30/2010) and should be ready for a nice rest in the cooler tomorrow afternoon.

More pix to follow as we progress.

Well the New Year's Eve brisket went very well. We had some of our closest friends over, including a couple who drove non-stop from South Dakota to North Carolina just so he and his wife could be back with us to enjoy some brisket. Here is the first cuts of the brisket. It was tender and very juicy.

ee76919e_sliced.jpg

And here it is heaped on a platter (after I removed the point and hid it away for me).

93c46d8e_platter.jpg

We all had a great time, ate way more than we should have, and celebrated the New Year in style. Thanks to all of you who have helped me learn the fine art of smoking meats on this very fine and friendly forum. Happy New Year Everybody!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky