• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Let me introduce myself, newbie from the east

meershaum

Joined Apr 14, 2011
I'm from Massachusetts.  There is my first strike.  

I'm new to meat smoking, but I smoke a pipe.... Strike two.

But I'm still at bat. So I look forward to this forum, as I plan to do a lot of meat smoking this spring, summer and fall. 

My equipment?  A charcoal box with a side box, much like the Smoke Hollow, but the chimney comes off the top cover. 

I use only Cowboy hardwood, not briquettes, and have a chimney starter.  

My goal...cook good stuff. Experiment a little and enjoy things. Maybe even get a hit.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

fourashleys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 28, 2010
:welcome1: to SMF! You found the right place to learn just about anything you want about smoking foods. These folks are great! I suggest taking the 5 day course. It's a good place to start, and then it's practice time! don't forget the Q-view. :grilling_smilie:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome aboard!

porked

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 2, 2009
We'll have ya hittin' line drives up the gap, goin' from 1st to 3rd on a single, and even stealin' home if ya pay attention.

1chaos52

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 3, 2007
I am from just north of you up in NH. You will certainly enjoy this forum and will learn a lot, I know I sure have. I have gone from 1 smoker to now owning 4 because of the things I have learned here.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Welcome to a great forum!

Glad to have you here!

Bear

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Welcome to SMF!!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.