Let me introduce myself, newbie from the east

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meershaum

Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
I'm from Massachusetts.  There is my first strike.  

I'm new to meat smoking, but I smoke a pipe.... Strike two.

But I'm still at bat. So I look forward to this forum, as I plan to do a lot of meat smoking this spring, summer and fall. 

My equipment?  A charcoal box with a side box, much like the Smoke Hollow, but the chimney comes off the top cover. 

I use only Cowboy hardwood, not briquettes, and have a chimney starter.  

My goal...cook good stuff. Experiment a little and enjoy things. Maybe even get a hit.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

:welcome1: to SMF! You found the right place to learn just about anything you want about smoking foods. These folks are great! I suggest taking the 5 day course. It's a good place to start, and then it's practice time! don't forget the Q-view. :grilling_smilie:

We'll have ya hittin' line drives up the gap, goin' from 1st to 3rd on a single, and even stealin' home if ya pay attention.
welcome1.gif

I am from just north of you up in NH. You will certainly enjoy this forum and will learn a lot, I know I sure have. I have gone from 1 smoker to now owning 4 because of the things I have learned here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky