Lemon Pepper Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rings Я Us

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
Southeast Michigan
Thought I would try something different for a change.
I usually do a less complicated ingredient lists for jerky but I thought I would give noboundries lemon pepper beef jerky a try.
I'm doing this in the smoker and in the oven. Just wanted to try side by side comparison of smoke and no smoke.
Plus, it will take a couple days for all this in the smoker.
5.3 lbs or so..
Link to noboundries lemon pepper jerky recipe.
https://smokingmeatforums.com/threads/lemon-pepper-jerky-recipe.266786/#post-1781042

I'm going 2 days in the brine/marinade.

More pics in a day. I will let ya all know how I liked the flavor also.

Attachments

• IMG_20171224_202011.jpg
    IMG_20171224_202011.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20171224_202226.jpg
    IMG_20171224_202226.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 50
Looking forward to see some results. I'm also considering doing this recipe very soon.

That's why I was wondering because they looked sliced like a champ.Mine will only slice decent to about 1/32".Have you tried thin slicing?

Edit - 1/16"- 3/32" if i'm lucky and hold my tongue right.

That's why I was wondering because they looked sliced like a champ.Mine will only slice decent to about 1/32".Have you tried thin slicing?

Edit - 1/16"- 3/32" if i'm lucky and hold my tongue right.
Not thinner than 1/16 " no.. I guess I can try that next time I slice the Canadian bacon.

I've just held my diamond steel on my Weston.It has an oval shape to it so it fits between the fence.It seems to hone the edge pretty well.

Some Worcestershire and teriyaki comes through. I did add some molasses and soy for a small departure from the original recipe. Extra cracked black.

ECM held good temps in the windy 20° weather. 180 average & ranged 170-190.
There were a couple times that temps did go below or above that, but not for more than a couple minutes. Wood chunks burned great at that temp. It probably was closer to 250 under my water bowl that I left empty and just used for a deflector.
The lemon pepper recipe was a good one to keep in the book for later. I wouldn't say it was so good that I wouldn't use anything else. 4 out of 5
⭐⭐⭐⭐
Glad I did it yesterday, it's 3° outside today.

How did the smoked jerky compare to the oven batch? Am I correct that you ran the smoker for just 2 hours? How about the oven batch?

How did the smoked jerky compare to the oven batch? Am I correct that you ran the smoker for just 2 hours? How about the oven batch?
I had such an easy time with the smoked jerky that I decided to do both 2.5 lb batches on the smoker. It all got done in 5 hours start to finish. & I tasted the smoked 1st batch and decided it was good. So I didn't do any in the oven.
Yes.... 2 hours is all it needed. I didn't want it to be to thin and get crispy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky