LEM 8.5 inch Mighty bite slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Good morning folks!
I'm being told that Santa is getting me a new slicer. And I believe it's the LEM 8.5 inch belt driven mighty bite slicer. Anyone here have one?
It comes with both blades. And looks well made from what I could tell from pics and feedback. Any input would be appreciated.

Wow Steve, you must have been a good boy this year! Looking forward to hearing responses, sounds like a heck of a slicer.

Ryan

Reactions: Steve H
Not familiar with that slicer, but good luck with it...JJ

Sounds like a great Xmas gift Steve! One thing about meat slicer blades, have a pair of kevlar gloves on your hands anytime and every time you're dealing with them. RAY

Sounds like a great Xmas gift Steve! One thing about meat slicer blades, have a pair of kevlar gloves on your hands anytime and every time you're dealing with them. RAY

Oh yeah! Learned that with the slicer I have now.

Good morning folks!
I'm being told that Santa is getting me a new slicer. And I believe it's the LEM 8.5 inch belt driven mighty bite slicer. Anyone here have one?
It comes with both blades. And looks well made from what I could tell from pics and feedback. Any input would be appreciated.
And have you sliced anything besides a finger playing with the blades?

• Haha
And have you sliced anything besides a finger playing with the blades?
Haha! No fingers! I did slice up 6 pounds of beef for jerky. Went through like a hot knife through butter. No play in in the guide or slide. All cuts were uniform. I'm happy with it.

Steve are you still liking this slicer? Thinking about this or the 7.5" lem or maybe a chefs choice 615?

Not my choice. It was a gift from one of my kids. The larger blade does have advantages over smaller ones. I put in a hint for the mighty bite 10".
well you have at least 3 pizza ovens so why not a second slicer, the 8.5 does come with a second blade and they have refurbs for $120 on their site?????? hmmmmm making me spend more money, I probably would have been good with the refurb 7.5 for $87

• Haha
How easy is it to dismantle for cleaning?
Pretty easy. The only tricky part is removing the part that holds the meat carriage. Easy after you figure it out. Which only takes a minute to see you have to push the stop in. Wear gloves when removing the bade(s) they are very sharp. There are a couple crevices you have to clean with a toothpick. Common on slicers.

well you have at least 3 pizza ovens so why not a second slicer, the 8.5 does come with a second blade and they have refurbs for $120 on their site?????? hmmmmm making me spend more money, I probably would have been good with the refurb 7.5 for $87
lol! Only two pizza ovens wise guy....for now. It comes with two blades course and smooth.

looks like another xmas present for my wife to get me. Thinking mostly veggies for now like making pickle and red onion slices, cabbage? yeah you will also probably get me into fermenting now too.
lol! Only two pizza ovens wise guy....for now. It comes with two blades course and smooth.
Ahh, I thought you sneaked in a portable one for the RV?

looks like another xmas present for my wife to get me. Thinking mostly veggies for now like making pickle and red onion slices, cabbage? yeah you will also probably get me into fermenting now too.

Ahh, I thought you sneaked in a portable one for the RV?
Nah. I bought a smaller BlackStone. The pellet pizza oven is small enough for the rig. But. That hasn't stopped me before! I've been looking all morning for a small drone that has 4K camera and takes great pictures to take on vacation. Again, Ann looked. And said you have 5 or 6 drones already!! I need to research when she isn't home! Only one drone has a camera. And it's only 720P.

too funny, never had a drone and i only have 1 blue tooth speaker...lol We strung both houses inside and out with Sonos systems....would have been way cheaper to buy 40 blue tooth speakers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky