LEM 5# Sausage Stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Quick tip, freeze the links before vac packing, or you'll have flat link patties. Place wax paper on a sheet pan and the links on that. Freeze for at least 4-6 hours (may take More depending on your freezer). Then pack.
That is a great tip and was already planned as part of the process. I somehow missed the vac bags on my things to get list and only have 9 bags so I will have to get some more and finish packing tomorrow.

Link

That is a great tip and was already planned as part of the process. I somehow missed the vac bags on my things to get list and only have 9 bags so I will have to get some more and finish packing tomorrow.

Link

My crystal ball is telling me there is an electric grinder in your future.....

Great Job ! Points !  I'm curious to see how you like the breakfast sausages in collagen casings.  I find that the casing comes off in pieces pretty easy when cooking.  I'm doing all my breakfast sausages in sheep casings now.

Leave one end untied and work from the tied end towards the untied end when linking. If you over stuff the extra meat will work its way to untied end. This will lessen your chance of blow outs if you over stuff.
Gotta give a point for that. I'm sure that suggestion has been posted before..somewhere, but I have read hundreds of post and this is the first time seeing it. Great advice. Sad to say but might have been along while before I figured it out for myself, just never occured to me. I have foreseen the potential problem but never considered the solution.

Quick tip, freeze the links before vac packing, or you'll have flat link patties. Place wax paper on a sheet pan and the links on that. Freeze for at least 4-6 hours (may take More depending on your freezer). Then pack.
icon14.gif
..............point

Ok guys here is the finished product. I have no comparison to give as I have never had a sausage stuffer before but this LEM 5lb unit is AWESOME! I cannot belive how easy it was to use and clean up.

I started with Breakfast sausage (wife's choice) and used Pops recipe and it came out fantastic. I was going to start small but figured if I was going to do the work and make a mess might as well start big (or at least big to me). So i went with 10lbs of pork shoulder. I weighed everything out so all measurements were right on.

Luckily I am in Michigan so my deck out back is my freezer and I was able to get all of the meat really cold (currently 28° here)

Here are the pics!

Spices:

Cutting up and weighing the pork shoulder: (5lb in each bowl)

Weighed and spices ready (also weighed spices)

Hand grinding (yeah I know, if I do this more a new grinder may be in my future) Ground all of it twice:

First couple rings (collagen casing).

All 10lb, I cut this all up into 5" links and will put this in vac bags and freeze.

This was a lot of fun and I will be doing this more. My son got me a spice mix for Bratwurst (for 25lbs) so this may be next.

Thanks for looking

Link
icon14.gif
......................point

Last edited:
Very Nice,,, I have the old one also,,, would be a nice upgrade,,,, can you get a pic of the enclosed top for us or does that top come off at all?? 

electric grinder soon to come I hope for you 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

Very Nice,,, I have the old one also,,, would be a nice upgrade,,,, can you get a pic of the enclosed top for us or does that top come off at all?? 

electric grinder soon to come I hope for you 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

DS, I did not see a way to open the enclosed section (I did not try hard though). The electric grinder would be nice.  

My stuffer should be here Jan 2nd...... looks like I need to make some more tubes........
biggrin.gif

here is one of  my old tubes I gave to Keith (jckdanls07) along with my 5 lb stuffer with plastic gears

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky