Stuffing Game Bags

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Question- Getting prepared to make 20lbs breakfast sausage and stuff into 1lb game bags.

I have a LEM 5lb manual stuffer and a 20lb LEM motorized stuffer.

I was just wondering if I could stuff the bags using my new LEM #12 Big Bite grinder rather than the dedicated stuffers.

Less cleanup.

Thanks!

If you are getting set up for packaging bulk sausage, now would be the perfect time to grab a couple of extra butts and make a few bags of regular ground pork, some 'chile grind' (coarser) and some bags of cubed pork for soup, stew etc. For packaging cubed pork, I put the bags in a pint Mason jar, and use my canning funnel. They load pretty fast.

Question- Getting prepared to make 20lbs breakfast sausage and stuff into 1lb game bags.

I have a LEM 5lb manual stuffer and a 20lb LEM motorized stuffer.

I was just wondering if I could stuff the bags using my new LEM #12 Big Bite grinder rather than the dedicated stuffers.

Less cleanup.

Thanks!
You can do that. LEM actually makes a horn that will only fit the grinder (not the stuffer) and it is like 2 1/4" in diameter and perfect for game bags.

If you are getting set up for packaging bulk sausage, now would be the perfect time to grab a couple of extra butts and make a few bags of regular ground pork, some 'chile grind' (coarser) and some bags of cubed pork for soup, stew etc. For packaging cubed pork, I put the bags in a pint Mason jar, and use my canning funnel. They load pretty fast.
The canning funnel/mason jar is a great idea!

You can do that. LEM actually makes a horn that will only fit the grinder (not the stuffer) and it is like 2 1/4" in diameter and perfect for game bags.
I didn't know that. Thanks Will check it out

Thanks for the tips!
Screenshot_20240115-163724_Samsung Internet.jpg

You'll like that for filling bags

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky