Leftover beans and smoked cheese nachos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xray

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 11, 2015
Northeast PA
Well since the wife went out for dinner, I was stuck looking at the last bit of pinto beans that I done in the instant pot IP Pinto Beans...I just didn’t have it in me to eat another bowl since we’ve eaten them almost every night for dinner.

So I got creative and made nachos instead!

Tortilla chips layered with reheated pinto beans and salsa and pickled jalapeños:
F047ED36-8C71-4C2E-807C-84F080EF4A79.jpeg

Topped with a 1/2lb. Smoked Monterey Jack cheese and fresh jalapeño. I wanted to top with fresh cilantro after baking but it was no good:
1D5AD0CD-D99F-403E-8623-DAB54C1A052D.jpeg

Baked at 400F until bubbly, took 8 minutes:
E0160B84-AAE3-4393-B4DC-84394DA73022.jpeg

Time to dig in, no utensils required.
CE68C466-4704-4CDD-AB37-459672732984.jpeg

Beans are finished, thank goodness.

Looks good! And I hear ya about leftovers... they are good but not usually all week good. Wife is making hamburger cheese dip for games tomorrow maybe I can sneak some for some nachos!

Ryan

Looks good. But, you know, Beans Freeze very well. There is not much I would eat Every Day for a week and Beans are not on the list...JJ

Looks delcious. I can eat beans everyday and actually did last week from my ham and black soybean soup.

Looks awesome! I love loaded up nachos. We have done them a lot with what ever leftovers we have in the fridge. Too bad about the cilantro! Do your self a favor and next time you buy a couple bunches of cilantro stick them in a mason jar with some water. Cover them with a zip lock bag and seal up the best you can around the mason jar. Put it in the fridge and your good to go. We have kept it that way for dang near a month and its fresh as the day we baught it.... Anyway big like on the nachos . great way to finish those beans up!

xray xray

Yikes!

My eyes are watering not to mention my mouth as well!

Big Time Like!

John

Thanks John! These weren’t too spicy. Thanks for the like.

Looks good. But, you know, Beans Freeze very well. There is not much I would eat Every Day for a week and Beans are not on the list...JJ

Thanks JJ, freezer space is at a premium until I could buy a new standalone freezer.

I agree, beans are tough to eat for a whole week, especially without incorporating in different ways.

Now, soups I could eat everyday but once warm weather hits, that stops. We make a big pot of something in the winter to last a few days. It saves us on the grocery bill and takes the guess work out of dinner.

Looks delcious. I can eat beans everyday and actually did last week from my ham and black soybean soup.

Thanks jcam! I could definitely eat soup everyday too!

Looks awesome! I love loaded up nachos. We have done them a lot with what ever leftovers we have in the fridge. Too bad about the cilantro! Do your self a favor and next time you buy a couple bunches of cilantro stick them in a mason jar with some water. Cover them with a zip lock bag and seal up the best you can around the mason jar. Put it in the fridge and your good to go. We have kept it that way for dang near a month and its fresh as the day we baught it.... Anyway big like on the nachos . great way to finish those beans up!

Thanks sowsage! Yeah these nachos were good! I would have added pulled pork but these were meant for a quick bachelor dinner.

Good tip on the cilantro. I usually wrap mine in a paper towel and place it in a gallon ziplock bag in the fridge. Didn’t do it here....but I’ll give the mason jar a try.

Joe that looks good my style of plating.
Richie

Thanks Richie. I ate them right off the aluminum foil, no need to dirty a dish...just messy fingers.

Looks good!
Now that is my kind of meal!!
Al

Thanks guys! It hit the spot.

Damn Joe...those look amazing!! Very nice plate of nachos my friend. I really LIKE those. Hang tight and I might be able to aid in amping up the flavor. Been making fire roasted salsa and have an idea to make it even better, which may be forthcoming this weekend

Just wow...that's it,
Robert

Damn Joe...those look amazing!! Very nice plate of nachos my friend. I really LIKE those. Hang tight and I might be able to aid in amping up the flavor. Been making fire roasted salsa and have an idea to make it even better, which may be forthcoming this weekend

Just wow...that's it,
Robert

Thanks Robert! I enjoy eating these from time to time...but I must admit Stacy ate most of them while I got over being sick. So I was content after two bowls.

I have done fresh fire roasted salsa, are you canning yours?

Those look really good. Nice job!
I think I'd add a dollop of sour cream to cool the heat of the jalapenos.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky